AudryLeigh

Asexual definition, Merriam-Webster

According to Miriam-Webster, the definition of asexual is:

3a : not involving, involved with, or relating to sex : devoid of sexuality  >an asexual relationship

b : not having sexual feelings toward others : not experiencing sexual desire or attraction
  • In general, an asexual person does not feel or otherwise experience any sexual attraction, according to The Asexual Visibility & Education Network (AVEN). Basically, it is an inborn absence of sexual desire.—Lindsay E. Mack
4: not having or showing a particular sexual identity : neither male nor female

Definitions 1 and 2 relate to plants and microscopic organisms and are not relevant in this context.

I sometimes wonder whether it's asexuality or it's low sex drive (due to constantly living under stress). I once thought I might be asexual, but I could also be just experiencing low sex drive due to my high stress level.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, self said:

low sex drive (due to constantly living under stress).

Well, I'm pretty sure that high stress does lower sex drive -- it does for me. High stress is bad for everything, but is so hard to avoid these days.

7 hours ago, AudryLeigh said:

Well, I'm pretty sure that high stress does lower sex drive

High stress does inhibit sex drive; evolutionarily if you were being chase by a tiger (or insert other threats early humanity faced) you didn't need to be thinking about sex, just getting away. Stress is the same thing just more chronic.

• Like 1