The Rose by Bette Midler

• From today onwards, this forum runs as a separate entity (from our Mastodon instance) with its own set of forum-oriented rules. Please use this forum community as a place for constructive discussions, support/help, fun topics, non-drama off topics and so on. Bringing over drama from any other websites including our Mastodon instance are strictly prohibited. Thank you!
  • Our forum has been successfully converted from existing forum software (as well as style) to the current ones. The forum style/design is not final. Posting on the forum is possible while we customise the style. Usergroup permissions are not final too. Thank you for your patience! ♥

flye

Administrator
Staff member
May 1, 2018
Rainbow
lgbt.io
Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you its only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul afraid of dyin'
That never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose

Source: https://genius.com/Bette-midler-the-rose-lyrics

AudryLeigh

Rainbow Members
Sep 2, 2018
I absolutely love this song. When I started playing piano (self taught) it was the first song I learned. I've done it at Karaoke, but it is a lot harder to do it well than one would think (kind of hard to live up to Bette's standard). I've done it OK a couple of times, but I'm a good singer and don't like to do things just OK, so I've been working on it at home (I'm such a Karaoke junkie, I have a fairly serious Karaoke rig at home). I'm a big Bette Midler fan, but this is my favorite of all her songs.

Reactions: Codeawayhaley