Motion Sickness

• From today onwards, this forum runs as a separate entity (from our Mastodon instance) with its own set of forum-oriented rules. Please use this forum community as a place for constructive discussions, support/help, fun topics, non-drama off topics and so on. Bringing over drama from any other websites including our Mastodon instance are strictly prohibited. Thank you!
  • Our forum has been successfully converted from existing forum software (as well as style) to the current ones. The forum style/design is not final. Posting on the forum is possible while we customise the style. Usergroup permissions are not final too. Thank you for your patience! ♥

flye

Administrator
Staff member
May 1, 2018
Rainbow
lgbt.io
I took a very long flight in the past 24 hours. I hate travelling by air because of my terrible motion sickness. Now that I'm already lying on my bed I still feel dizzy like as if I'm in the plane. Sometimes it went so bad that I vomit and caught headache and fever. Not that I don't like to visit far places. It's my motion sickness that prevents me from visiting if I were to blame it.

I once read that women are more likely to experience this. I wonder if it's true? And any of you have such issue?

Raphael

Rainbow Members
May 6, 2018
It's probably not the same thing but I get random moments of dizziness and vertigo because I'm anemic due to my PCOS. If it's that bad, I'd suggest looking to a doctor about it if you can. That sounds really bad motion sickness if you have fever and vomitting and it's concerning that even after laying in bed you still feel that way. It may be a brain thing or a blood thing tbh.

flye

Administrator
Staff member
May 1, 2018
Rainbow
lgbt.io
Hey Raphael, I felt much better today. It's always the first day after landing that I felt uncomfortable, apart from being uncomfortable while on the plane.

It's probably not the same thing but I get random moments of dizziness and vertigo because I'm anemic due to my PCOS.
I see. Is there a way to reduce those moments? My sister was diagnosed with PCOS, but it appears that she has no symptoms like yours, though her menstruation is very inaccurate and rare.

I've experienced two times of vertigo in my whole life, which was diagnosed as BPPV. I remember the first time when I experienced it, it took me a month to fully recover. I felt almost crazy because I just couldn't walk or sit, and when I did walk, stand or sit, I could feel the world just turning around nonstop like I will fall at any time soon. I had to lie down to not feel the dizziness!

Raphael

Rainbow Members
May 6, 2018
I'm glad you're feeling better! Hopefully you can find out how to fix it and not feel that way when travelling again!

I really don't know how to reduce it tbh. I take iron pills everyday and just hope it doesn't happen. My menstruation is awful, I bleed for a month straight which is the reason for my anemia.

Oof that sounds rough. Vertigo never lasts that long for me and it's awful that you had that experience. Once before my anemia, I took a trip on a ferry and I had to sit down once we got on land else I'd fall over.

Barefoot

Staff member
Aug 19, 2018
Northeastern U.S.
I've never been on an airliner but plenty of small planes. I've been on ships plenty, never got seasick, even the first time. I'm going to be taking a long distance flight in December. I hope I don't get sick but I think I would have by now with all the time spent on seas both calm and rough. I think it will be similar.