Hi from Audry

• From today onwards, this forum runs as a separate entity (from our Mastodon instance) with its own set of forum-oriented rules. Please use this forum community as a place for constructive discussions, support/help, fun topics, non-drama off topics and so on. Bringing over drama from any other websites including our Mastodon instance are strictly prohibited. Thank you!
  • Our forum has been successfully converted from existing forum software (as well as style) to the current ones. The forum style/design is not final. Posting on the forum is possible while we customise the style. Usergroup permissions are not final too. Thank you for your patience! ♥

AudryLeigh

Rainbow Members
Sep 2, 2018
Hi,

I'm Audry or Audry Leigh. I'm an older (we'll leave that undefined) Transsexual Lesbian. I've been out as a Woman for almost 10 years, and am just past the 2 year point on hormone therapy. I am an avid Karaoke singer (Karaoke junkie, more like). My BFF and I go out 5 or 6 nights a week to various Karaoke clubs, and usually close the bar down. I'm too damned old to be closing bars down but don't tell me that, I don't want to know (lol). I've been active on another LGBTQ+ site for a couple of years, and am anxious to see what this site has to offer. I tend to be long winded -- on the other site I'm on, there is kind of a joke going around that "Audry doesn't know how to write short posts." I'm retired now -- was a very high level compute programmer as my last career. Before that I was an engineer (electronics), an electronic repair technician, a steel worker (one of the oldest and largest steel mills in the country -- nasty job), an engineering aide for the City of Peoria, Illinois, a Harley Davidson mechanic, and a retail sales clerk. I have done a lot of very different things in all the years I've been on this planet, including a stint working in the deepest, darkest, most highly classified reaches of 13 different governments (pretty much, the Free World). I'm not religious, per se', but am a very spiritual person, subscribing most closely to the Native American concept of spirituality. As I don't subscribe to the doctrines of any specific religion, I'm not exactly a Christian, but do believe in and follow the teachings of Jesus, though not necessarily as they are spelled out in the Bible. My BFF, housemate, Karaoke buddy, and in-home care provider is a genuine Cherokee Princess -- great granddaughter of the last of the true Cherokee Chieftains and, also part Sioux, directly descended from Sitting Bull. It is a profound privilege to have her as a friend. Anyway, that's a brief summary of some of the more significant things about me.

Hugs,

Audry Leigh

Raphael

Rainbow Members
May 6, 2018
Welcome to the Forum Audry!

I've always wanted to go do karaoke but never really did because I can get stage shy. I'd love to go to one of those karaoke places with the private rooms with me and some friends, but since I'm a broke college student that might not happen anytime soon! Maybe one day I can either go to those private ones or build up the courage to actually go up on stage and sing karaoke!

That's a long impressive list of careers you have! Hopefully now you can have a restful retirement; you've really done so much!

Religion is an interesting thing to me, and the spiritual teachings of Native Americans is something I know very little about. Hopefully, if you are interested in sharing with everyone some things about that, I bet it would be an interesting time! I like the teachings of Jesus too, I think the stories that the Bible describes it might be misinterpreted most of the time though, and I haven't quite seen any other text that describes Jesus's teachings other than the Bible. Lots to learn!

Hope you have a great time here at the forum!

flye

Administrator
Staff member
May 1, 2018
Rainbow
lgbt.io
Hi Audry, please forgive me for the late in welcoming you! I set up this forum, but I didn't even have much time for it, my bad! Thank you for spending time writing here and introduced yourself (I wished I could do that so naturally). This forum doesn't offer much as of now, but I hope it will grow in the near future.

Reactions: AudryLeigh