Hello!

• From today onwards, this forum runs as a separate entity (from our Mastodon instance) with its own set of forum-oriented rules. Please use this forum community as a place for constructive discussions, support/help, fun topics, non-drama off topics and so on. Bringing over drama from any other websites including our Mastodon instance are strictly prohibited. Thank you!
  • Our forum has been successfully converted from existing forum software (as well as style) to the current ones. The forum style/design is not final. Posting on the forum is possible while we customise the style. Usergroup permissions are not final too. Thank you for your patience! ♥

Barefoot

Staff member
Aug 19, 2018
Northeastern U.S.
Hello everyone!

In case you're wondering, my user name is also my surname! It's an old English name from the 11th century. Rare now but still around. Anyway I hope we get lots of activity! I'm into lots of things, ham radio, sports cars (see "about me" in my profile) computers and tech (studied electronics in college and worked as a tech) and researching unusual things of all kinds. If it's weird and not many know about it I'm probably interested in it. Or I will be when I discover it.

Raphael

Rainbow Members
May 6, 2018
Welcome to the forum Barefoot!

That is quite an interesting surname for sure! I'm a little into technology as well (I've always wanted to explore ham radio but never really got the chance to actually try) but more in the software aspect. Researching unusual things is fun!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Reactions: Codeawayhaley

Barefoot

Staff member
Aug 19, 2018
Northeastern U.S.
Welcome to the forum Barefoot!

That is quite an interesting surname for sure! I'm a little into technology as well (I've always wanted to explore ham radio but never really got the chance to actually try) but more in the software aspect. Researching unusual things is fun!

Hope you enjoy the forum!
Ham radio is easier to get into than ever before. No Morse code requirement anymore and there are numerous study guides and practice tests online. I've been a ham for 28 years and got my Amateur Extra license 26 years ago. Back then it wasn't as easy. I live alone and it gives me a way to socialize.

Reactions: Codeawayhaley

flye

Administrator
Staff member
May 1, 2018
Rainbow
lgbt.io
Hi Barefoot, I guess me and you, we've been "knowing" each other for quite some years now.  Welcome abroad. Sorry for not responding much to you as I have very personal stuff to deal with now and then.

Reactions: Barefoot